Upon completion of studies, the graduate will obtain the necessary scientific knowledge, competences and skills to be able to handle qualitative and effectively the following subjects:
• Consulting services and integrated production management of organic products.
• Design and implementation of quality assurance systems in food production (ISO 22000) in compliance with the national and European legislation.
• Design and implementation of quality assurance systems in environmental management (ISO 14000, EMAS, Agro 2-1/2-2) in compliance with the national and European legislation.
• Acting as supervisor, auditor or inspector as defined in the standards or normative documents.
• Assessment - evaluation of the processes of food production using techniques such as the Risk Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) to ensure the production of safe and quality food.
• Acting as agricultural advisor.
• Develop and implement land management plans.
• Development and application of fertilizer plans.
• Develop and implement plans PPP.
• Packaging and marketing of all kinds of agricultural products of vegetable or animal origin.
• Staffing control laboratories and food industries to produce high quality and biological value of food.
• Take up senior staff and technical support to companies primary sector (nurseries, greenhouses, livestock breeding units) provided by legislations in force each time for the operation of these companies.
• Take up senior staff and technical support to food businesses and the control and handling of food provided by the law in force for the operation of these companies.
• Supporting operating production units and primary processing enterprises, processing, packing and distribution of food and to make estimations and investigations (in the form of reports) in facilities and operations primary sector and food.
• Selection and application of methods for the design and development of novel foods.
• To actively participate and worthily research programs to develop new products, innovative processing methods, processing and packaging of organic products.
• Have the background to work at all levels of education and vocational training.
• Be able to adapt to new requirements and changes in the general environment on the primary sector and the manufacturing of products of the primary sector and the adoption of innovative practices such as those arising from research and technology.
Copyright © 2013 Τμήμα Τεχνολογίας Τροφίμων.
Developed by Amicro.